Pages

Saturday 27 November 2010

Denman's Third Hennessy?


I've always been a massive follower of Denman and he returns to action once again today at Newbury. He attempts to make history by winning his third Hennessy Gold Cup in the 15:05. Denman's a year older, 8lb higher in the weights but this year the preparation has gone very smoothly apparently. He will have to be at his best to beat a very competitive field today and with Sam Thomas back on his back (rightly so in my eyes) things are lined up for a fantastic race!

I've been watching the market over the past day and there's an interesting drift on Denman. It's traded at a low at 4.72, but around the 5.8 mark this time yesterday. It's currently trading at 7.4 and even touched 7.8. I believe this price could look massive at the end of the race as I think Denman's going to be back to his best fresh. Jumping in his relentless fashion and almost bullying his rivals into defeat. If he starts to find his rhythm, anything over 7.0 on Betfair is going to get smashed in price. Could be a nice back to lay in running but I'm personally having a cheeky double. Go on the tank!




I'm doubling Denman with Big Bucks, another horse who I have closely followed over the years and has done me well. Today should be a walk in the palk for him and he should be a class above his competition over 3m hurdles. He's very short in price though and currently trading at 1.30 running in the 14:30 Newbury. That's why it's worth a double and no single bet. He often hits a flat spot in his races but always finds more :)

As a trader I don't often have a punt, but now and again I like to get involved. Today seems a nice opportunity to get a decent double up.

Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. tough luck with big bucks. did u watch the ch4 coverage before the start showing arkle -wow- should have rang some alarm bells knowing even he could not pull it off although he was givin more weight against a better horse only to lose by a fraction. denman faulous tho in defeat , still would be happier with imp commander tho if lookin towards a gold cup bet especially if he bombs next time out.

    luckynumberslevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lucky, yeah was a bet with the heart more than the head with Denman really but I thought he might just pull it off. A great performance though in defeat pulling all that weight and was nice seeing Diamond Harry’s classy victory. I had him antepost for the RSA but was disappointing, so I wanted to see him out again before I could be convinced he was the class act I thought he was. I agree with you on imp commander, I'd have him over the 2 big guns of Nicholls for the Gold Cup. And wow Peddlers Cross! Binocular gonna come on for the run for sure, but so is Peddlers. He's something special....1 for the antepost too ;)

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics