Pages

Tuesday 13 October 2009

My Setup

Finally I'm all set up in my new pad now, I've got a new desk and chair which you'll see on the pictures below. Things are ticking over nicely and I've currently got my first client on a 6-day course which started on the 12th October. I'm fully booked up now till the second week of Nov and have had bookings for Nov/Dec. So if anyone is interested in attending a course before the new year, just let me know via email and I'll try and squeeze you in.

I'm recording my trading now everyday using Camtasia. It's been an interesting experience looking over my trades and analysing them for someone else. Giving the client step by step guidance of what I was thinking at every moment. Giving an insight into my thought process behind each decision and discussing my entry/exit points to how I view the overall trends of a market. It's proving a very helpful tool for the client to learn from and I believe will only benefit my own trading. I will be putting a few video's on here soon of some of the more interesting markets I come across. Although the eye strain of hours in front of the computer is making my head a little spaced out =/

You will see on my pictures below how I setup my screens.

Left - Laptop I use for my secondary backup and it's where I have my Slingbox linked up to watch the racing channels. 5 seconds delay isn't too bad and having my trading colleague on Skype with live pics, he can let me know of anything important I need to know. This is plugged in via Ethernet cable to the router.

Middle - iMac 20" I use for my primary backup and it's where I have my Skype calls from. I also have a Betfair page open at all times in case of my PC ever going down on me. I use this on wireless.

Right - Dual screen 19" Wide screens I use for my main trading machine. It's a quad core processor, 4GB RAM computer that I only use for trading and keep clean of junk. ie. pictures, films, and browsing the web. It's a dedicated trading computer and I recommend this to anyone.

Right monitor - I have my 3 ladders up with the separate charting docked up beside that to the left. The bookies live prices underneath - www.thebettingsite.co.uk.

Left monitor - I have my unmatched tab on the right of the screen, with the cancel all button clearly on show. Then the market overview graphing coloured lines on the left. At a glance you can see visually what the prices are doing in correlation with each other. A tool I've recently started using religiously.

I also use guardian to be able to graph all the markets well in advance of the first race. The Betfair graphs can be misleading due to having no time information on them. With guardian you can easily see what the recent trends of the market are via the market overview screen. Instead of a long-term look at what that particular graph has done. This computer has to be connected via Ethernet to the router.



5 comments:

  1. Jack,
    i sent you an e mail over 5 weeks ago regarding your training courses.
    You never replied.
    Mick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mick - Aplogies mate, I've just checked Gmail and unfortunately not received one 5 weeks ago from you. The message must not have got to me. I email everyone back as soon as I can with detailed replies. Email the link on the right of my blog again for more info. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    nice set-up mate!

    I got a question regarding you right monitor:

    is that the default charting from BetAngel charting tab?

    thanks and good success!

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jack,

    Could you please be so kind and try and add some input into my recent post - http://sportsbettingforfun.blogspot.com/2009/10/how-to-reduce-your-betfair-premium.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. M - I use the default charting on Betangel simply minimised to a size where I can squeeze it next to the 3 ladders. To be able to see volume spikes and graph trends.

    Rick - Unfortunately I think I can't add to your post with much more than you have tried to address. It's something I'm always looking into trying to tackle the Premium charge, but there is no easy way to do it. I haven't found a strategy yet to successfully implement but if I do I'll post a detailed post on my blog.

    The problem I've found is its very easy to turn your Betfair account accidentally, into more of a winning one than a losing one by trying out ideas. In doing so paying more to those greedy pockets at Betfair! I'll keep an eye out if you come up with anything that works on a regular basis :)

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics