Pages

Wednesday 21 October 2009

Swinging 2 Horses Trading Vid

I've just uploaded 1 of my trading video's I recorded from a race on Friday 16th Oct. It was one of those markets that I saw quickly develop into a typical swing trade, and I managed to get on both moves on the top 2 favourites. I didn't get on too big either, just in case they turned against me. If you get it wrong on one, then your fighting a hard battle to get out on both selections. You can see me hovering over at certain points ready to get out at any time, but patience and trusting my instincts I held my nerve and got out for maximum profit on both.

You will see how I'm viewing the market pretty much opposite to the way the market is looking like it's going at first. Being contrary to the crowd is what I try and do as much as I can, this is where the real opportunites lie as if you are getting it right, you are making your big swings off the majority of everyone else reading it wrong. I felt the fav was trying to be held there down by some dodgy few 1k's, and the second fav wasn't going up in a hurry. I waited for some more signs and just felt confident I could see these both turning. When you see yourself in the green I know it's hard waiting for a bigger return, as profit is profit at the end of the day. But in my opinion if a market is looking to go further it makes no sense to me not to wait. If your wondering how some big profits are made on 1 race, I hope this gives you a small insight into how its done.

I'm possibly going to be offering something to clients where they can access my video's online whenever they want. Being able to look at a large amount of content I will always update on a regular basis. I'm researching ways to archive my recordings somewhere on a database that has a massive amount of storage. Also providing a webinar maybe every week to explain the video's in detail to the clients.

I'm not too sure if it's worth my while, so I'm looking for people to give me the go ahead If I see a demand for this. Please let me know via comments or by email.

Also If anyone knows of sites where several gigabites can be stored for good value please let me know. I'm currently using www.screencast.com It's a great site but can only store 25gb at any one time. This might be fine but I'm looking for alternatives??

I'll be putting random vid's on the blog maybe every few weeks so keep an eye out.





The link above doesn't appear to go full-screen so I'll look into this and try sort it out. Fow now the link to view it properly is :

9 comments:

  1. Great vid Jack, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Vid jack nice to be in canada is nice this time of year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great video Jack, although it was better watching it live ;). Thanks again for the course, i found it excellent and have learnt a great deal from it. Your time and patience was much appreciated and i really enjoyed the analysis before the trading day started, it was very helpful in providing insight into your decisions and the thought process behind a successful trader. I am now studying our videos in my spare time which hopefully will turn me into a profitable trader from scratch!!! all the best in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice vid son - you got some big balls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great video...

    If the trade on the second fave had started to move against you at say 2.56 back towards 2.64, would you dismiss this as volatility and still follow the long term trend, or would you take the profits? i guess the question is at what point would you consider it a countertrend?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jack,
    I only trade on horse racing in running - but found your pre race video very interesting, thanks for posting the vid, I'll be following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great video Jack, i have a blog if u could add i would be grateful.

    Good Luck with your quest.

    http://tradingtimez.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. mate video hosting use S3 storage then to make it easy to manage use www.ezys3.com contact me if you need more info.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the comments on the vid guyz. I'll answer a few questions here:

    Anon - If I couldn't get out for my intended profit down at 2.5 and it started to look like it was going back out to 2.64 as an example like u say. I would have quickly filtered my orders out taking it upto 2.64. I knew the 2.5 was a great price to get taken if I got it and was fully prepared to take a higher price to close my position out. But you have to be in it to win it as they say, being in position early at 2.5 gave me every chance of getting myself matched.

    Betting In running - Blog added, all the best in 2010

    Eddy - Blog added, all the best in 2010

    Dave - Many thanks I've had a good look at the hosting and looking to use this in the future :)

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics