Pages

Saturday 6 March 2010

New Forum With New Vid

I'd like to announce my new forum which I've added to my blog, where like minded traders can exchange ideas and any thoughts on the subject of trading.

Thanks go out to Alistair Hamilton from BetYourLifeSportsTrading for explaining the tricks of the trade as it were and helping me put the forum together. It's an awesome blog so check it out! Alistair like myself are just experimenting the idea of a forum on a blog. Please don't be shy ladies and gentlemen and start conversing.

If you go to my forum and go in the horse racing tab, you will see I've uploaded a new video with audio! It is 30 mins long using small stakes and shows you a technique of using speculative bets as a method of making money. The video will explain more of my thought process than I can easily explain here, and it just shows you really don't need a lot in the bank to make a living from trading. Enjoy!

There is also a members section exclusively for people who have attended 1 of my courses. Here you can chat openly to each other traders about specific methods and strategies I shared with you on my course. Even possibly linking up like a trading/skype buddy like I do with Sam. If you can kindly send me a request, I'll happily add you on the list for a very exclusive area for just you. Many thanks


Manipulation

I think I have to mention a few things that's being happening in the markets of late, just to make people aware of how much these markets are being manipulated. Yes we see this all the time and people mention the fact just deal with it and get on with it. But as much as I agree with this philosophy, you have to be aware of these constant changes in conditions and trade accordingly. You simply have to try and read behind the numbers of what's really going on in a market. Don't just follow the sheep and get drawn into traps that are constantly being set. These traps are set to catch traders out thinking its going 1 way, only to be pushed rapidly against them. Try and read into their decision processes of what they are trying to do to a market, that can ultimately be the difference between winning or losing on a race. Big money rules and you have to take note of market behavior where big money is forcing the price around at their leisure.

With all that in mind strategies like this are very risky and as its an unbelievably aggressive way of making money. I know for a fact they lose from time to time and who knows to what extent these guys are winning/losing as well. All I know is when you get these sort of things wrong it goes very very sour for them quickly.

This is what I saw a few times today where massive money was forcing it 1 way, o
nly to turn against them. But the amazing thing about the current behavior is that I've seen these people chase themselves out of losses. To try and force a market yet again when its going against them, only to chase another big bet. Even to the point of waiting till it goes in running and bailing out of their postitions.....this baffles me! It seems odd to say the least but this what makes it a great game to play....not 1 day is the same and it keeps you guessing and searching for new answers.

There methods used seem rather reckless b
ut the fact I keep seeing this manipulation makes me think they have to be making money overall. Or is it someone with more money than sense, quite possible! But a sure fire money maker when you have a massive bank....no way in my eyes! 1 thing I will give them credit for is the size of their bollox, wowza!

With any amount of money you are playing with, you have to be shrewd and trade with control, discipline and remember, theres always a bigger fish in the sea. Watch out for circling sharks, as we wait for these opportunities.

Like an opportunity on the 16:45 today where I noticed someone had a large order to get out on the lay side, I stuck with my gut instinct and got a lovely move going up.






Cheltenham

Well thank f@%* its March :) as Jan/Feb is the hardest time of year to trade. With the poor weather and everyone with one eye on Cheltenham, it proves a tricky time for traders. But come March I start to get an excitement of good times to come. The roar and big liquidity that Cheltenham brings sets the scene for the rest of the year, and I'm heading to London on Tuesday to enjoy it back in the motherland. I'll be back in Madrid late March to enjoy my final 6 week stay here before returning back to London in May.

Hope to speak to a few friendly faces on the forum, so ciao for now

1 comment:

  1. jack, no need to publish post this but I'd edit that screenshot to take out your username if i were you

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics